The Elder Scrolls Online hosts its bi-yearly PvP event Whitestrake’s Mayhem in February and July. Jump into the queue for Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, or Battlegrounds and enjoy the fun during the Whitestrake’s Mayhem and earn rewards aplenty! Whitestrake’s Mayhem is the renamed version of what was formerly known as Midyear Mayhem.
The Summer 2022 event begins on Thursday, July 28 at 10AM EDT, and runs until Tuesday, August 9 at 10AM EDT.
How to Join the Event
You can join the event by accessing the Crown Store in-game under the Events > Quest Starters section. When you purchase the quest (it’s free), Event Quest: Whitestrakes Mayhem talk to Predicant Maera in Cyrodiil, at a Battleground Camp around zones marked by gate icons or in your Alliance Base. If you have already completed the quest in the past you do not have to do it again.
Complete the short intro quest and you will be rewarded with a Pelinal’s Boon Box and the Scroll of Pelinal Ferocity, using this item will provide a 2 hour buff that gives 100% boost to all alliance points and experience points from player kills in PvP. You can reuse the scroll every 2 hours to refresh your buff.
During the event if you want to farm some crafting materials, you will receive double yield on all harvest nodes found in Cyrodiil.
Event Daily Quests and Rewards!
During the Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event there are daily quests to complete in Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, and the Imperial City that award event tickets.
Your first daily quest in Cyrodiil or a Battleground will reward you with 2 Event Tickets and the first daily quest completed in Imperial City will award 1 Event Ticket for a total of 3 event tickets daily.
A list of places that offer daily quests for this event are:
- Enter the Imperial City, once inside your base, climb up a ladder into any of the six city districts, an NPC offering a daily quest will be nearby. These quests are PvE objectives within a PvP area.
- Battleground camps in each zone will offer a daily quest where you can queue for a random or grouped battleground, these can be shared with other players.
- Cyrodiil has several daily quests at your alliance’s main gate, these quests require you to complete PvP objectives and are repeatable indefinitely.
- There are five towns in Cyrodiil that offer several daily quests, Chorral in the Northwest and Cheydinhal in the Northeast. The PvP controlled cities that offer PvE quests are Bruma in the North, Cropsford in the South East and Vlastrus in the South West, to complete quests in these towns it does not matter which faction controls the town, the NPC’s will still offer you quests.
Daily quests will award a “Pelinal’s Boon Box” that can randomly contain Tel Var Stones, alchemy ingredients, Coldharbour siege weapons, book furnishing, forward camps, chapter of your Alliance’s armor motif, Prismatic runestone (Haikejo), chapter for the Akaviri armor motif, a Transmute Geode, or a container with two tradeable runeboxes for Black Drake body and face markings.
Cyrodiil town quests will also reward a town coffer with PvP rewards/gear inside.
Bosses in the Imperial City will drop the House Dufort Banneret Armor Style Pages, a new outfit in the style of the Reach and the Battle-Scarred Body/Face Markings. Additionally, the Black Drake Clanwrap Armor Pack pages have a chance to drop too. Group up with some friends or ask in zone for help with Imperial City bosses. You can also purchase the new style page and the body markings from the Impresario.
With enough AP gained, you can obtain from Predicant Maeraan an Alliance style page for a Banner-Bearer’s Shield, Banner-Bearer’s Staff, or Banner-Bearer’s Emote to place your very own alliance banner down.
The Impresario Offerings
You can spend event tickets with the Impresario located near large cities throughout Tamriel. There are 39 total tickets to acquire from the event if you do the dailies every day the event is active.
New items for the summer Whitestrake’s Mayhem event are:
- House Dufort Banneret Armor Style Pages
- Battle-Scarred Body Marking
- Battle-Scarred Face Marking
- Bag of Veteran’s Glory
- The first Daggerfall Paladin Costume Fragment – Blessed Rubedite Metal Enamel
Other Whitestrake Mayhem items available for tickets are:
|Bag of Veteran’s Glory – A bag containing random items from previous years mayhem events and are no longer available.|
|Impresario’s Group Repair Kit – A repair kit usable to repair the groups armor.|
|Companion Guild Commendations for Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted|
Whitestrakes Mayhem Achievements
There are a number of event achievements that can be completed, some of these unlock rewards noted below:
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground Match during the Event
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep or Outpost in Cyrodiil during the Event
- Pelineriff Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Event
- Pelinal’s Harvest: Capture 15 farms, mines, or lumber mills during the Event
- Echo of Pelinal’s Fury: Read the Scroll of Pelinal’s Fury during the Event
- Blessed of the Whitestrake: Acquire your first “Pelinal’s Boon Box”
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the Blessing of the Whitestrake during the Event
- Mayhem Horror: Defeat all of the Patrolling Horrors in the Imperial City during the Event (there are 12 bosses on the list that wander the city districts, usually near the center)
- Scamp of Mayhem: Kill a Trove Scamp in the Imperial City Sewers during the Event
- Medal of Mayhem: Earn 25 Medals in Battlegrounds during the Event
- Star-Made Knight: To earn the “Star-Made Knight” title and major adornment, the Mayhem Victor’s Laurel Wreath complete the following achievements: Mayhem Connoisseur, Echo of Pelinal’s Fury, Hand of the Whitestrake, Wrath of the Whitestrake, Pelinavant the Scourge, Pelinaline the Bloody, Pelineriff Insurgent.
Another achievement that you can work on during Midyear Mayhem is the Emperor, check out our guide on how to earn the title, furnishing, and costume.
Whitestrakes Mayhem Furnishings
Decorate your home with six Whitestrake Mayhem furnishings unlocked via achievements. These furnishings can be purchased from Philius Dormier at the Impresario tent or from the Holiday Achievement Vendor in capital cities.
|Furnishing||Unlocked via Achievement|
|Banner of Mayhem||Mayhem Connoisseur|
|Corpse of Mayhem, Argonian||Wrath of the Whitestrake|
|Corpse of Mayhem, Orc||Wrath of the Whitestrake|
|Corpse of Mayhem, Khajiit||Wrath of the Whitestrake|
|Probably-Not-Punch Bowl of Mayhem||Star-Made Knight|
|Standard of Mayhem||Mayhem Connoisseur|
A random Pelinal book furnishing has the chance to drop from the Pelinal’s Boon Box too.
Survive Whitestrake Mayhem as a PvE Player
As a PvE player that just wants to get objectives done without learning to PvP or gear up here are some tips to survive the Whitestrake’s Mayhem event:
- Most action in Cyrodiil takes place at the Keeps surrounding the center of the map. It is important to avoid opposing factions’ keeps and resources around these keeps and gates.
- Food buffs and using an armor set that enhances your health will make you more survivable, you want to aim for about 25k health.
- Slot at least one healing skill and a shield ability. Vigor from the Assault skill line is good for Stamina builds, there are many other heals available for Magicka builds.
- Crouching places you in stealth mode, use it proactively, such as approaching a quest turn in or unknown areas. The armor sets Darloc Brae along with Adept Rider’s allows you to quickly zip around crouched and invisible to other factions, so long as you stay hidden. Being a Vampire has some great stealthy perks too.
- Blocking and dodge rolling are vital for survival.
- Death is very common in Cyrodiil or Imperial City and when you die as a result of PvP your armor does not take damage like it does in PvE activities.
- When you die in Cyrodiil you have to respawn at a nearby Forward Camp or a Keep owned by your alliance. If you’re dead, look at your map for the Keeps that are glowing green or you can simply respawn at your factions gates by pressing (R) to Release.
- If you are in the Imperial City you can purchase and use the Sigil of Imperial Retreat from a Merchant for Tel Var stones or another option is to hide in one spot and enter Cyrodiil and then go back to the Imperial City. That will bring you directly back to your Alliance Base sewers without having to spend any Tel Var stones.
- There’s usually plenty of groups running around in Cyrodiil or Imperial City, don’t be afraid to team up for quests or bosses, taking Keeps etc.
- If you are a Warden or a Sorcerer you may not want to use your pets because they can still be seen despite being hidden.
- If someone acquires Volendrung (magical hammer that spawns every now and then) in Cyrodiil stay far away from the center six keeps as that is where Volendrung will primarily be and the player carrying it is very deadly.
- When you’re ready to leave Cyrodiil to exit head back to your bases main gate and use the Wayshrine to port out. For Imperial City, head to your alliance base and exit through the door marked as “Exit”.
PvP in Elder Scrolls Online is an exciting mixture of PvE and PvP that requires patience, communication, and teamwork which can result in a very fun and rewarding experience. I hope this guide was helpful and you are well on your way to earning event tickets for Whitestrake’s Mayhem and slinging siege on your opponents nearest keep.