This guide will explain how to get the Legendary sword known as Thunderfury in World of Warcraft, here’s everything you will need and the steps on how to obtain it.
- 10 Enchanted Elementium Bars which can now be purchased from the Auction House or crafted
- 1 Essence of the Firelord
- 1 Binding of Thunderfury dropped by Garr in Molten Core
- 1 Binding of Thunderfury dropped by Baron Geddon who can also be found in Molten Core
How To Start The Thunderfury Quest
Once you obtain 1 of the Bindings of Thunderfury from Molten Core travel to the original Silithus zone by speaking to Zidormi near Valor’s Rest and turn back time before the Wound in the World. Find and speak to Highlord Demitrian, who then gives you the Vessel of Rebirth, starting the quest Examine The Vessel.
Acquiring All Reagents
Upon examining the vessel, this opens the quest named “Thunderaan the Windseeker” which will require more or less all of the heavy lifting in this search for the other reagents. To summon Thunderaan the Windseeker the required reagents are both bindings of Thunderfury, the Essence of the Firelord which is now unlocked to the player and is a 100% drop rate from Ragnaros and the 10 Enchanted Elementium Bars that are purchasable on the auction house, or you can find and farm them yourself.
How To Smelt Enchanted Elementium Bars:
The quest “Thunderaan the Windseeker” will send you first to Earthcaller Franzahl who discusses Master Elemental Shaper Krixix, who has apparently been swallowed up by a fissure that sprung out an agent of Therazane, or an agent of an Old God and has likely faced terrors unimaginable. You are later sent to Blackwing Lair where you find Krixix and, while not a 100% drop rate, will likely drop a Goblin’s Guide to Elementium that teaches you how to smelt it.
If you can’t find the Enchanted Elementium Bars on the auction house, a Miner can smelt them, the reagents needed are:
- 10 x Elementium Ore which drops from the Goblins in Blackwing Lair, or purchased from the Auction House
- 30 x Elemental Flux that is purchased from a Blacksmithing vendor
- 10 x Fiery Core which can be purchased from the Auction House or is a drop from Molten Core
- 100 x Arcanite Bar which can be purchased from the Auction House or an Alchemist can make with Transmute: Arcanite.
Summoning Thunderaan the Windseeker
Once you have obtained all the reagents, you may turn in the quest “Thunderaan the Windseeker”, and Highlord Demitrian will summon Thunderaan which you may now slay and loot the “Dormant Wind Kissed Blade”.
Upon looting the Dormant Wind Kissed Blade, you will receive the quest “Rise, Thunderfury!” which when turned in with your other reagents to Highlord Demitrian, he will award you with Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of Windseeker.